Saturday, January 17, 2009

So Long Argentina

No word from the guys today however it looks like their flight from Mendoza to Santiago, Chile left on time. Their flight from Santiago to Atlanta also left on time. As long as they made both flights, they will arrive in Atlanta at 6:10 am tomorrow and that is where they will split up - Dan back to Minnesota and Wes back to California. Thanks to all of you who tuned in to read about Wes and Dan's great adventure. I know they are looking forward to reading all the comments and well wishes from everyone when they get back. I'm sure Wes will do a final blog entry upon his return and add some pictures. Until the next climb....

3 comments:

  1. Very cool pictures. I was initially disappointed that I didn't make the time to take off _another_ three+ weeks of vacation time in 2009, but after the Camp Cholera thing, I think that I'll be content to just scratch Aconcagua off my list without going there. You need to come with me up Cho Oyu. Or the West Rib. Your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it on.... I think I'll pass on Denali, but Cho Oyu sounds like a great Himalayan experience. Cholera wasn't exactly the cleanest camp so I guess it held true to it's name. Despite some of the hygiene issues Aconcagua was really a beautiful and scenic mountain, not to mention challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wesley, Dad and I loved seeing all the pictures and spending time with our boy. Every body at work stops and looks at your picture on the summit. One of my nurses said it should be in a magazine because your so cute. We'll call you tonight at happy hour. Love, MaMa and Dad

    ReplyDelete